(Vent) Autobahn going the way of the dinosaur?

WHoo hoo..
Just remember folks.. Thats where *I* learned to drive. SO It really
REally irritates the begezuz out of me when I drive in VA where the fast
lane is the farmost RIGHT hand lane. and the left lane is ALWAYS plugged
by some yahoo.

Also Ron, I remember all the driving tips on AFN. Count to 3.. do you have
enough space... Also the tips from the german friends Farhshule says dont
swerve over xxxKpH you will die, and kill other people. Also 3 sec spacing
at 100mph only makes sure somebody is seriously injured/killed (delta
velocity between the cars.) Oh yeah my dodge omni would only go 110 for
about 3 minutes before starting to heat up. :-) at 10 minutes I had to
slow to 70mph or it would overheat.

My personal favorite was the Graffenver(sp) adverts, On a entering
a priority road a TANK does NOT have the right of way. (scene showing a 2
dimensional vw/audi/porsche/ford/etc)
Brian

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Drew MacPherson wrote:

> Bravo - this is perhaps the best post on _ANY_ subject that I have read on
> this list in years.  Well articulated, well founded, and a good read to
> boot.
>
> Definitely worth more than 2 cents Ron, even if it is American!
>
> Drew
>

> On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 Ron@Bunch.org wrote:
>
> > Awaiting Dirk's response, because he has more experience driving in
> > Germany,  I have lived  in Germany across 4 decades, both as a US Army
> > officer and later as a permanent resident.
>
> ...remainder of excellent post deleted to conserve space for digest
> users...

Brian
88 16v $2004 GRM challenge car http://www.grmotorsports.com
84 0v Next years car? mid engine... maybe we'll see
82 0v Black 16v kit --parts
82 2.0L Topless bunny -- Knock Ignition and bigger clutch. next.
90 90q20v doing daily driver duty.
91 VFR750F everybody needs a 11-12 sec vehicle.

Contact method. Email me for AIM, ICQ, YahooIM, IRC, etc.