KS question

Brett's right Julie.  You'd only have this wire in the harness if your
donor was an 85/early 86 Golf GTI or Jetta GLI (HT code engine.)  The wire
was removed when the RD engine was introduced (this and the absence of the
funky cutouts on the trailing cam lobes are the only differences between
these engines IIRC.)  Any 16V CIS-E application already uses an optimal
ignition map (presumably different from the 8V map as well, given the
knock boxes are different.)

Drew