Front wheel Hubs Question

Roger that.  I use "stub" axles to move my -er- rolling inventory around
(the ones with no powertrain, anyways) and I far prefer to keep the 90mm
outer CV's because they're a universal fit.  You won't get your 85's outer
CV's into the Mk1 hub carriers - they'll lock up solid before the nut is
fully torqued.

BTW, you can look up pre 84 Scirocco parts as follows:

1981 - 1984 Scirocco specific parts are identified under JEG
1975 - 1981 Scirocco specific parts are identified under RAG.

HTH,

Drew