Oil pressure problem and 3A/JH instal questions.

Randy here is my perspective on the subject since I have done this last
June.

1. YES the "Normal" JH galleys match with the 3a block, so if you modified
the head to have with smaller oil galleys,  I fear that your going to have
starvation of oil in the head....

2. the block off plate your talking about is not known to me, but yes you
need one, and I suggest you talk to Greg from http://www.gakmotorsports.com/
about the right one to use, as he makes them for half the price everyone has
them out there right now, I use it and its perfect.

About the adaptor ring for the JH distributor to the 3a hole, and the knock
box. Its basically the following choices you have.

1. get distro adaptor and use vacuum advance, with your engine set on a
timing that will provide you with minimal gains over the JH engine block
2. get 3a distro and adapt knock box./KS and advance that puppy 28' @3000K
set your dwell at 55-60' and pull over 100HP at the wheels.

The vacuum and the knock box system do the same thing, and both interfere
with each other. I tried it does not work. The JH distro cannot compensate
for knock on your 10.5:1 engine, and even at 91 RON, you will hear that
puppy knock like a drum section if you use only the JH distro/vacuum advance
system.  Get a 3a distro, slap the KS on it, and enjoy all the power you can
draw from it.

3. yes www.driversfound.com under the tech notes section. (yes yes Mine will
get posted one day...lol)

4. I like it, love it... And with 102.5 HP at the wheels, and 121 ft/lbs of
torque (and the block/head are both stock) it's a lot of fun...:)

ATS - Patrick Bureau -  85 2L, 102.5 whp, 121 ft/lbs torque
Email : ats@longcoeur.com - Web site : http://ats.longcoeur.com
AIM: texasscirocco - Yahoo: atsgtx - ICQ: 32918816 - MSN: atsgtx@hotmail.com
1975, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81S, 82 and 86 scirocco's coming soon!