Oil pressure problem and 3A/JH instal questions.

I don't have the funds to do the 1.8T, built 2.1L 16V or the big "O" motor
yet but i want to get her track ready for this summer.

I therefore have decided to install a 3A block in place of my 1847cc "EN"
block. (repairing it later at my leisure)
This is because I have an oil pressure problem I cannot seem to cure (new
rod/main bearings and new 36mm pump and still poor oil pressure).

I currently run a GTI solid lifter head (from the JH motor) that has been
modified to fit the EN block (oil return welded and re-drilled smaller).

Four questions for Y'all,

1. Can I mount this head to the 3A block using TT's "198.137" headgasket
without having to drill the oil return hole back out to original size?
*****(Intuition says it should not be a problem because the oil is going
from a smaller hole to a larger hole...right?.)

2. Are these all the parts I will need for the conversion?
198.137	Head Gasket (Goetze for factory 2 liter VW and Audi)
103.130	Block Off Plate/CIS mount for Audi 80 2.0L in A1
103.103	Standard head bolts (all 8V w/washer) ea.
103.140	Bushing to Adapt Early Distributor to 2.0L Block
103.145	2.0 Distributor Gear to Adapt Early Distributor to 2.0L Block
Knock Sensor from '85-'87 GTI or GLI with CIS injection.

3. Is there a detailed write up somewhere on the net on installing the
knock sensor to an early CIS Lambda car?

4. Anyone out there running a 3A/JH setup?...How do you like it?

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Oh, and for Ruben and Larrry....the Pratt & Whitney JT8D-219 Conversion kit
for the Mk1 Scirocco is not available yet but should be out sometime this
summer...8^P

RandyB

81 Scirocco S "Cosmos"
In need of heart tranplant