Scirocco-l Digest, Vol 10, Issue 12

In a message dated 2/12/04 1:08:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
scirocco-l-request@scirocco.org writes:
I took some pictures even though it was fairly bad weather yesterday,
>not all cars are pictured, the 2 parts car are just Junkers but have
>some salvageable parts and the 86 I forgot to take picture of.
>
>So here is the link the cars.
Wow, I don't know what to say about that pile of....cars, but what an
opportunity! If I am not mistaken the Sciroccos that were blue and had an A/T,also
had A/C, and were all destined for the west coast. My dad was a dealer in 75,
and  had a customer who wanted one, the factory rep told him they all had A/C,
and the customer would have to go to California to get it,and to hurry cuz
there wouldn' be many A/T's imported. Bare in mind this was a sporty little car
and those options slowed it down and made it expensive, and suck gas
comparitivly. This could make your car pretty rare. We were skeptical at the time, but
does anyone know otherwise? Also, I have been asked several times by people
where they can get that single carb setup, so there's one more thing. Anyhow
goodluck from a fellow 75er. Michael
http://hometown.aol.com/scirocco75/myhomepage/auto.html