More wiring - Fixed for inspection

Ah HA!

Nice find dude.  Now, to find the original problem.  In your engine bay,
right where the steering column comes out of the firewall, there should be
a grounding wire going to the body...bet its corroded or loose.

--
Eric
www.vintagewatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Rabbit Truck 2.0 16v
81 Scirocco S (TDI Swap project)
90 Corrado TDI
91 Cabriolet (2.0 Crossflow swap project)