Cap / Rotor Question

No glue necessary.. but be careful if the one you're removing is glued on.
IIRC you have to crush it with a pair of pliers.. but don't bend the
distributor shaft or it will leak oil around the seals.

> where does it say that in the bentley ? Get a new cap
> also and do them both at the same time , preferably
> Bosch , 2 snap clips come off the cap and then just

That should read: _definitely_ Bosch

Don't skimp here; it's not like you're going to save money getting
something cheap. Your car will run like crap.

And make sure you get an 8v cap for an 8v, or a 16v cap for a 16v. It DOES
make a difference, even though the car will "run" with either. That turned
out to be the problem with my bro's GTI a couple years back when it was
running like crapola.

-Toby