  From: Carlos Alves
  To: 'scirocco list'
  Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 11:56 AM
  Subject: Cap / Rotor Question

  I need to change the rotor on my 16v, and the Bentley manual states that you need to attach it to the shaft using "VW Part no AMV 185 100 01 or equivalent instant adhesive." Problem is, I went to my local VW dealer and they had no idea what I was talking about, did not have ths listed parts number, and the mechanic whom I later spoke with said I didnt need to attach it using adhesive, that it would snap right on ...

  So, I figured I'd leave it to the list serv for an expert answer. DO I need adhesive or do I just snap it on? IF so, what adhesive should I get, and where?

  THanks,

  Carlos