Now: SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (was Re: It's legal now)

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 02:01:33 -0800 (PST), Lars Bruchmann
<pilotlars@yahoo.com> wrote:
> who pissed in your wheatties???  lighten up, i guess
> you are the list nazi, oh, sorry, Nazi.

My Weatties are piss-free, but after biting my tongue several times
over the last while, in a moment of sleep-depraved-near-rage I just
let 'er rip...

>  i'll just
> shut up now, and not say another thing.

That's NOT what I intended with my post.  Reread this paragraph:

Mark wrote:
> I don't want to scare anyone off (especially newbies) from posting -
> if you've got a question, answer, observation, or even a story about
> cars/driving in general, great, post away!  That's what we're all here
> for!  Even the odd friendly jab is alright...  BUT ease up on the one
> sentence posts (usually top posted with the 39 previous replies
> unsnipped below) that contribute NOTHING to the thread...  I can't be
> the only one that's frustrated with this...

See?  I'm not saying "Don't post at all".  If you have a question that
needs an answer or even just want to share your experiences working
on/driving your Scirocco (ala Cathy) that's GREAT!  That's what the
list is for!   That's the stuff we're ALL here to read and participate
in...   Even the off topic stuff is mostly within the spirit of the
list.  What this email list ISN'T for, is for two people to carry on
and on and on, day after day with list-diluting posts about nothing!
That's also not to say that these few people don't send legitimate
posts to the list from time to time...

> thanks to
> everyone for all the fun posts, it's been a riot!
> i won't need anyone's advice, since my car is about to
> blow up anyways, and there is nothing i can do about
> it, and i sure as hell won't get another one.  i'll
> probably buy something reliable like a civic.

Please don't leave on my account Lars.  That was certainly not my
intention (which is also why I didn't single anyone out).  We're all
here to try and help each other with the sometimes torturous task of
keeping these wonderful old cars on the road.  I'm sure you're a great
guy, and I would actually like to meet you in person - you sound like
someone I would get along with really well!  My comments are purely
based on unwanted "spam" that I find doesn't go along with the purpose
and spirit of this great email list...

Sincerely,

Mark.
75