Under Coating

Where are you located?  I know humitidy control plays a big part in
proper curing of paints like that too.  It shouldn't be a problem in
winter, but for example POR-15 requires some level of humidity or
something goofy like that, so you might check if it says anything
about it.  I've used a couple spraycan undercoat or truck liner type
products for one use or another, and haven't really found anything
i've been terribly happy with (with regards to durability), but then
I've also never had problems with it curing.  Are you sure you were
supposed to primer first and that the primer is compatible?

-Grant-