Under Coating

   Anyone  recomend a good, thick undercoating product?  I tried a rattle
   can  spray  from  Permatex last weekend and it still isn't dry yet!  I
   applied  some  primer  to  the  metal  first  and it dried in about 20
   minutes.   I had my shop up to at least 60F and the can was warmed and
   mixed  well.   I  sprayed it on lightly anticipating applying multiple
   coats but at this rate it will be summer before I get 4 coats on.  Any
   info  will help since this issue is holding up the many other projects
   I need to finish.  Happy New Year!

   Gordy