My car was hit.. AGAIN!

I can't believe the idiots on the roads these days.

For the second time in a week, I've been hit, while stopped, by
an inattentive driver.

This time it was a Uhaul pickup that slammed in to the back of my
silver 16v while I was stopped at a stop sign. The driver, of course, was
uninsured and had no license. Long story there, but he didn't go to jail.
He did give me $100 cash and "claim" that he would pay the rest of the
repair costs if I showed him receipts. But he lied to me about not having
a license (he claimed it was "at home" until I said "let's go get it") so
I have doubts that he will go through with it.

No police report was taken because the officer didn't think the damage was
significant enough.

The damage seems to be confined to the bumper (the bumper metal as well as
the brackets are definitely bent), but I haven't inspected it in daylight
because Christmas has kept me busy (this happened a few days ago).

The plastic rear bumper cover lost about 4 or 5 clips to the pavement on
impact, and the left (driver side) corner is dropping down towards the
pavement because the clips broke off there.

To top it off, the insurance adjuster from the first accident hasn't
looked at the car yet, so he'll obviously be more inclined to devalue (and
thus.. total) the car if it has been hit "everywhere" already.

It's like a friggin demolition derby, I can't believe it. And my baby is
at the center of it all.

I hate these jerks that can't drive! How hard is it to drive without
hitting vehicles that are stopped..?!?

-Toby