Any Ideas for rebuilding stock seatbelts?

Brian McGarvey wrote:
> Now think about this if your racing the oldest your seatbelts can be
> is 5yro IIRC. But most of us are running around with 20 or 30yro
> belts. and if you own a scirocco or other A1. the drivers  side belt
> is probably trashed from being locked in the door ( Except Jan's &
> Gordon's of course). So with the new baby on the way, I want to re-do
> the seatbelts in the bunny. Im wondering what my choices are.. for
> re-webbing them or compeltely replacing them with new.
>
> I'll also be documenting how I put LATCH points into the bunny. (For car seats)
>
> BigMac
> New Dad To be...
> A bit safety minded. I can alway replace a car, I cant replace my family...

Good question.

TWR, yes TRW, is an OEM for VW's seatbelts. I know my A2 Fox came with
seatbelts made by them, my point being it may be possible to get brand
new belt assemblies from another model in the VW line- How about South
African Citi Golfs? They are A1 chassis.

Either that or maybe China, which is still churning out older model cars
as new.

I just threw a few posts up on VWVortex, we'll see what comes of it.

TBerk
Think I'll hit the NG as well.