Shockey Jr withdrawls - Need an update

Dan Bubb wrote:
> To drag this somewhat back on topic an drun my mouth about some technical stuff:

<snip>

> Yes the barbed fitting is the oil drain. A high temp rated rubber hose routes the oil from this
> fitting down to a modified K03 oil drain pipe.

Or perhaps a silicone hose?

> It is a water cooled turbo. The turbo just has some 14mm threaded holes to which you can attach
> banjo bolts. You can just barely see the smaller barbed coolant banjo bolt fitting in 09.

Ah, both are good. (See? I know stuff.)

>>Here's another Q): Does the Wastegate output cycle around back into the
>>Intake somehow? Or does it vent to the atmosphere directly?
>

> Sounds like you're thinking about a blowoff valve.

Yep, from your description that is what I thought it was doing, keeping
charged air routed back in to keep the turbo spooled up. (Book knowledge
can be treacherous.)

<snip>
> Shocky currently has a stock AWP bypass valve, but the turbo makes a most interesting chirping noise
> when you close the throttle that we suspect isn't good. He's going to get a much bigger flow blowoff
> valve in the future just to make sure the turbo lives!

Yep, yep. <ahem> I'm glad you came to your senses and took my advice.
er, yeah. <ahem> <cough>

>>Has Shocky gotten back Home yet? Is he now a Troop'n in the Great North
>>West? Has he been washed & detailed by Flying Monkeys?
>

> Yep! Shocky's gone :^(
> The truck driver was super nice and lowered the ramps that the Ford GT was on so I could get a
> better look! Not much to see underneeth, just a big old flat bottom.
> Nice guy! Shocky was in good hands!
>
> Dan

Funny thing, dude looks like me in ways that are not the 'NJ Scirocco
Nut', Mr. Williams.

Thx for responding

btw- Everybody?  Enjoy your people- they are a limited resource.

TBerk