Self-Machining Syndrome...911!

Okay...

  So we go from refinishing Zender spoilers, so SMS...  Hmmm, interesting...

My tranny has been threatening to fail, and it has chosen a really good time to do so.  I can hear clicking, once about every revolution of my tire.  It comes from the area right next to my feet, so it has to be SMS.  I need to get to the airport here in a few minutes, and I hope to not be stranded...

My question is this:  I am really babying it at this point but as it gets worse I need to know what will happen.  Can I limp it along, or will I be dead where-ever it happens?

Any suggestions, experience, or silly anecdotes are greatly appreciated as always...

David

Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson