Self-Machining Syndrome...911!

You are better off doing it ASAP!

Once it wears through the case, you'll get gear oil all over the clutch.

If it's something being tossed around in the bell housing, that will be
obvious once you pull the trans.

Good luck with it!

Peter

Okay...

  So we go from refinishing Zender spoilers, so SMS...  Hmmm, interesting...

My tranny has been threatening to fail, and it has chosen a really good time
to do so.  I can hear clicking, once about every revolution of my tire.  It
comes from the area right next to my feet, so it has to be SMS.  I need to
get to the airport here in a few minutes, and I hope to not be stranded...

My question is this:  I am really babying it at this point but as it gets
worse I need to know what will happen.  Can I limp it along, or will I be
dead where-ever it happens?

Any suggestions, experience, or silly anecdotes are greatly appreciated as
always...

David

Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson