Mailing list address change...

When I've changed my email address in the past, I just cancelled my subscription and made a new account. Since you're RR account is no more, if you're really lazy you don't even have to cancel, just set up a new account. Use Gmail.

Dan

SequoiaGLX@twcny.rr.com wrote:
OK...

Hopefully this doesn't sound whiny. I e-mailed Brett a couple of days ago about not being able to change my e-mail address and since this whole list thing is done on everyone's free time, I haven't gotten a response. Obviously this is understandable and fine but I'm just wondering if someone else has a solution.

I have to cancel my Time Warner cable service at my old house since I moved, but for some reason I'm unable to get my address changed on the list server. I'd like to cancel things out and get out of the old house. Here's part of what I e-mailed to scirocco-l-owner@scirocco.org:

#####################################
I moved and am dropping my Time Warner cable access.

I am subscribed as SequoiaGLX@twcny.rr.com.

I want to temporarily change that to gatesj@doglover.com until I get service at my new house.

I have attempted to change the e-mail at scirocco.org, and it doesn't seem to work. I log in successfully and get to the page that starts as:

However, when I put the "new address" and "again to confirm" fields in, and click the "Change My Address and Name" button on the form, I wind up back at the page that asks for the password, "Scirocco-l list: member options for user SequoiaGLX@twcny.rr.com", as if I had clicked the "logout" button. Entering the password again gets me to the form where I can change options again, but none of the buttons on the page have any effect besides seemingly logging me out.

I immediately thought "cookies" but this seems to be enabled.

Any insight?

John K. Gates
--
Rome, NY