Now Skydiving, was RE: Outstanding vid

--- Marc Getty <marc@getty.net> wrote:

> When and where? Soon? Can we do it in the snow? :-)
>
> Is there a way to be über-trained and not have to do
> tandem first time?

You can do what's called "Accelerated Freefall" - training
for doing freefall skydiving.  (I would still highly
recommend a tandem first, but hey.)  I think the complete
program is about 8 jumps worth.

> I'm down for arranging the first .org skydiving GTG!

You could also try Richmond Indiana, (about an hour west of
me) or Greene County Sport Parachuting in Xenia - about 20
minutes from here.  (Between my place and Ben's actually.)
Brad wants to go do this as well, so keep me in the loop.
I grew up at a DZ (Drop Zone - aka skydiving center) in
Michigan and was quite familiar with the sport 15 years
ago, but I've not been involved since.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'77, '81 S, '85, '86 & '88 16v Sciroccos, '96 Passat GLX Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
"My rabbit has a human foot on his keychain.  That's not the scary part.  What I wanna know is what those keys are for." - The Four Postmen