This thing still work?

Durango, cool! Welcome (back) to the list! There are a couple CO listers, I'm in Steamboat, there's another lurker up here as well as one in Ft. Collins and a semi-active lister in Northglenn. You should check out his forums, lot of CO A1/A2 people there. www.vintagewatercooleds.com

Dan

"Mark ..........." <forkboy69@hotmail.com> wrote:
Been off for a couple of years now. Just wondering if the list was still
alive.

Me - 84 8v scirocco
I've owned it since 1998 or so.
G-grind, bilstein, h&r, velocity lsd, Euro headlights & bumpers, tie bars,
15" pirelli P700s, Coraddo seats, and more stereo equipment than you can
shake a stick at.

I cranked up the scirocco for the first time in almost 2 years last night.
I had recently rebuilt the cylinder head, replaced every coolant hose & fuel
line, installed the cam, and it started dying as soon as the engine got
warm. Rather than spend any more time working on a car that I had spent the
previous 2 years essentially overhauling inch by inch, I mothballed it and
bought a Chevy Cavalier. There is definitely something to be said for a
cheap car that starts every time you turn the key, and chances are good that
it will get you from point A to point B without developing some weird
electrical gremlin.

So - now I'm in the process of renovating a house. It's giving me a
revitalized appreciation of fixing up old stuff instead of using new stuff
that works yet has no personality. With all the car shows on nowadays, I
figured it was time to resurrect the scirocco. I have given up on
Overhaulin coming to my house to kidnap my car.

So - I'm here, or back, or whatever...
Mark
84 8v
Durango, CO