6 gear 020 and misc. bs

> > What more could a Scirocco driver want?
>
> 3 digit speeds?
>
> I've never taken my scirocco up there so I don't know if it'd even hold
> together (mine surely would not) but having the capability to do 120-130
> comfortably in my other car has actually been quite useful when trying to
> get home late at night.

Stock 16V MkII's are quite capable of reaching well into triple-digit speeds
with their low top gear.
Besides, merely gearing up is usually a sure way of knocking several mph OFF
your top end.
It takes a certain amount of power to reach those 120-130mph speeds and if
you don't have it, changing the gear ratios won't give it to you.
i.e. most of our cars are drag-limited (another way of saying
"power-limited"), not rpm-limited, when it comes to top speed.

Larry
sandiego16v