[SPAM] 6 gear 020 and misc. bs

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Bryan Rankin
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2004 2:15 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: [SPAM] 6 gear 020 and misc. bs

I've been reading around about 6 speed 020's.  I heard this vince guy kind
of screwed some people around, and that he no longer has VLE anymore.  I
heard kraftswerk doesn't make them anymore?

Is there anyone that does?  I have two plans for the 3a scirocco.
Autocrossing, and a 6500 mile round trip to Boston, Waterfest, and Nova
Scotia.   I realize I will probably never make it past 3rd gear in
autocross, but I'd like a close set of gears with something nice for
cruising too.

Thanks

Bryan
Fort McMurray, AB
81 Volkswagen Scirocco

Hey Bryan,
  Anyone that sells Overland Parts can help you.  Last I knew, they still
could get them, although I have not seen their catalog in a good while...
You might go to  http://www.eurospecsport.com/, and have a looksee...  If
indeed they do not have it any longer, I would imagine Quaife does.  BTW,
this stuff is EXPENSIVE.  If you are a full-time student, I would adjust my
priorities a bit.  Even at my age (soon to be 35) I can't afford a six-speed
conversion.  Perhaps you should consider a close ratio with a tall 5th gear
for cruising?
Just a few thoughts...

David