6 gear 020 and misc. bs

Bryan Rankin wrote:

> Just a quick question first, why am I spam now?  My computer "iq" is
> kind of low, and the nerds at work often tell me " j00 would get pwn3d
> like a n00b on the CS server"  Is it because of the non rocco talk i've
> added?  I just always considered spam a bad thing, and I don't want to
> keep spam alive on the list if it's bad.

RE: Why am I flagged SPAM?
Within your email client choose to "View All Headers", you'll see
'X-SPAM-FLAG' & 'X-SPAM-REPORT' and it will detail something like this-

Spam detection software, running on the system	"hohn.neubayern.net",
hasmessageblock	similar future email.  If you have any questions, see

Content preview:  Just a quick question first, why am I spam now? My
j00nonI	don't want to keep spam alive on the list if it's bad. [...]

pts rule name              description
0.9 FROM_ENDS_IN_NUMS      From: ends in numbers
0.1 RCVD_IN_SORBS  RBL: SORBS: sender is listed in SORBS [24.65.6.155
listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]numbers/letters
0.8 MSGID_FROM_MTA_HEADER 	Message-Id was added by a relay

 > ...Propane was what I used to heat the garage
> last year, but with a boiling point -42.1C, propane was useless to me,
> just dress in layers is all that's to it.

Just the thought of discussing the practical applications of the boiling
point of a GAS, here on Earth and not on Jupiter or Neptune is cWazy man.

<snipped talk of now and future finances>

> What gear selection would be to my greatest?  My knowledge of
> transmissions is just a little bit better than I am with computers.  I
> have an FF Tranny, and i've looked it up on the gear chart before, and I
> have a .71 for a 5th right now.  Is there a custom gear ratio that would
> be better than any other stock vw gear?  I've also heard of getting a
> 16v pressure plate or clutch or something to use when you up the
> horsepower, can anyone elaborate on the is a little bit?
>

> Thanks for the good responses so far
>
> Bryan
> Fort McMurray, AB
> 81 Volkswagen Scirocco

The answer to your questions are 'It Depends' & 'Because'.
[We could clip and start a new thread with the following maybe]

Things to take into account;

- Gear Ratios.

- Final Drive.

- HP/Torque range (not absolute numbers, but the _range_.)

- Money.

- Intended Use(s).

In your case quick off the line and top end cruising revs seem to be the
focus. Lets remember the ratios chosen by VW took into account costs of
economy of scale (one size fits all is cheaper to produce) and a
somewhat lower power plant rating than the modified motors we all covet.
This means the higher value 5th in a stock car wouldn't work but may
just be fine in a lightweight car with lots of 'grunt'.

Besides a top end gearing there is the Final Drive, of which I know it
changes everything, gearing wise. And that's about all I know about
that. (I haven't grasped it internally yet, it's still 'paper' knowledge
to me.)

With that said I sold off the 84 GTI trans I had and am really happy
with the FF in my Roc. Maybe if I had a close ratio & the taller 5th it
would be ideal though. I do remember the GTI being really peppy.

TBerk