2.0 Liter Bubble Block

Chris D. Edwards wrote:

> Can anyone help me with some info.  I am going to trash the 16V conversion
> and go with a 2.0 8V because I can create a lot more torque with a 2.0 8V
> than I can with a 16V.  So what I have is a 1.8 16V motor swap for sale in
> lou of finding a 2.0 bubble block.  The question I have is what years and
> what cars do I go looking for to find a bubble block.  If they are too hard
> to find as some say.what other 2.0 8V blocks (years and cars) should I
> consider.  If anyone is interested in the 1.8 16V engine swap, I have all
> you need for only $400.00.  NW area only unless you wana have it shipped.
>
> Chris

Chris, as a died in the wool 8v kinda guy I'm going to have to back up
the guy- the 16v's power curves makes for a 'kinda like a turbo lag'
type pull as the revs climb.

See, It has gotten around then that don't have power off the line but
the 16v, with it's valve profile that mimic a square rather than a
curved opening/closing profile, has "Mo' Powa" than the same size 8v.

Now, that said, it is no "easy as LEGOs" project to put a 16v in an 8v
platform, but basically if the block is a high compression unit then 8v
& 16v are almost the same, electronics wise. (Or can be.)

So, if you are close to completion w/ the 16v, go for it- it has more
'cool points' if nothing else.  8])

TBerk