2.0 Liter Bubble Block

While this topic does interest me, I have found that even when a topic does not, I still like to read Anson's posts.  They're SO much fun.  Almost as much as his vids!

Mike
'86 red 16v (Red 5)

Anson Clement <ansonivan@yahoo.com> wrote:
Chris old chap, I'm not sure who has been blowing smoke up you're ass but when they are finished I would like a turn as well.

A 2.0L 16v (9A) will make more torque all the way through the rev. range than an 8v of identicle bore and stroke. A set of 200 dollar regrinds will ensure that even you're dimunative 1.8 16v (PL) will trounce a slightly built 2.0 8V.

I have nothing against 8v's, they are great reliable, cheap, and easy horsepower. The 16V engine is just better.... oh fuck here comes the abuse....

3A's are great little engines but they are getting a little scarce, a more plentiful block is the ABA. The ABA is also better suited to making shitloads of power. It uses longer rods (resulting in the 16MM taller deck height) which contrary to popular bullshit myth is fucking great for making pissloads of power... go read up about rod ratios and all that good jizzle.
Some jackass started the stupid idea that the ABA has a longer stroke and is therefore a performance pig... as mentioned before this is bullshit... go read up on rod ratios. The ABA also has some sweet little race-looking pistons which are lighter, lower friction, and great for spinning faster than a crackwhore's hoola-hoop.

So yea, bottom line, nothing wrong with the 8v's but don't fall for the popular misconception that 16v's don't make torque... have a squint at some dyno plots for the proof.

Anson

Chris D. Edwards" wrote:
Can anyone help me with some info. I am going to trash the 16V conversion
and go with a 2.0 8V because I can create a lot more torque with a 2.0 8V
than I can with a 16V. So what I have is a 1.8 16V motor swap for sale in
lou of finding a 2.0 bubble block. The question I have is what years and
what cars do I go looking for to find a bubble block. If they are too hard
to find as some say.what other 2.0 8V blocks (years and cars) should I
consider. If anyone is interested in the 1.8 16V engine swap, I have all
you need for only $400.00. NW area only unless you wana have it shipped.

Chris

word (wûrd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source