How do [external] oil coolers Work?

No offense taken.

A solid lifter motor has a higher oil pressure than hydro lifters.  If you
put in a hydro pump, the max oil pressure is somewhere around 40psi(I
think).

The rubber hoses I speak of are the soft "coolant hose" type.  There were
cooler kits (like transmission coolers) that were sold with these types of
lines and hose clamps.  They would eventually blow off or rupture.

The A/C hose type are actually pretty high pressure hoses.  Don't be fooled
with a hose that does not have a metal braid on the outside.  There are
braided hoses that are rubber covered or fabric covered that will do fine.
Check the specs on the hose.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
95 Passat
Second Owner

I think your concern is possibly well waranted, however I feel am having
trouble with a few things.  150 psi for a solid lifter motor, or a hydraulic
motor seems high to my minds eye, but I cannnot say for certain.  I have a
solid lifter motor that, like a dummy, I put a hydraulic oil pump on.  I
have no idea of what pressures it would therefore produce (other than too
high), and I have not had ANY hint of leaks at all with my system.  This
Euro oil cooler setup has rubber hoses that are much like AC hoses, so I
don't think the factory would put those out without doing considerable R &
D...

No offense, just my .02...

Cheers,
  David