kinda OT - possible new addition to the stable

Well, the rocco has been down for the last month as I try to ind the time to
redo the motor mounts, exhaust and various other odd's and ends that are
begging for attention.  The wifes cabby has surpassed screaming for new
suspension and today decided that reverse is an option that we can live
without to better make us understand her demands.  Which leaves us with the
ever faithfull toyota pickup.  However, two working folks just can't make it
off one truck working different schedules.

Knowing that something like this was bound to happen very soon, I started
looking for a new car/truck to add to the stable.  For whatever reason ( I
think it's called brain damage ) I found a 01' Jetta GLX for sale in my
area.  It's a one owner leased car with 50k on it.  Asking price is 13k and
since I can't find a better deal, tomorrow the wife and I are scheduled to
go have a look and more then likely buy.  Why do I do this to myself.....oh
yea VR6!

 We did go down yesterday just to talk to the guy's at the lot the car will
be at.  At the time, it was at the detailers and if they other cars on their
lot is any indicator, this car will be clean as it gets.  The lot is mostly
Lexus/BMW/Mercedes but the owner has a thing for Jetta's and Passat's and so
he sells them as well when he can get them.  Feeling pretty good about this
deal since I didn't get the normal sleezy car salesman feel at all.  He even
showed us all the paperwork for the car, carfax records and maint records
from the dealership.  The PO traded it in to step up to a BMW 5 series which
I certainly can't knock him for.

So it looks like I'll be joining the eeemmmkay-for generation.  However, the
rocco will finally get the needed downtime for proper repairs rather then
the quick fix because my ass has to be in it in the morning for work style
of repair.  This will also be a nice car to have since it's becoming a real
pain in the ass to shoehorn me, my wife and our 15 year old daughter in the
cabby or the rocco.  So wish me luck, I'm already chomping at the bit to lay
down some rubber with the VR.

William Snyder

88' 16v Scirocco
89' 8v Cabriolet