megasquirt users

Ben, I have been researching the MS option too and would like to hear
more regarding your experiences.  I don't want to jump into the MS
forums on line and deluge them with questions especially when I don't
have the kit.  I did read the Mega Manual while I was on vacation and
while it seems like a great system however, the learning curve and the
initial start up can be lengthy.

Some of my observations from reading the manual are:
VW fuel pumps, relay, lines to the engine, etc are acceptable.
VW temp sensors are also acceptable.
The stock ignition (from CIS-E), knock sensor, etc are also acceptable.
RPM signal is easy to get too.
The stock VW fast idle circuit is acceptable.
The fuel rail on the 16V seems to be one of the largest expenses; no one
seems to have an adaptation from another VW product that works.
Injectors fall next in line after the rail.

Now for some questions;
Are you running a wide band O2?
What did you do for a fuel rail; I have heard that a 1.8t lines up
however it requires extensions?
What did you use for injectors?
Do you wish you stayed with Motronic?
How many miles do you have on the system?

Thanks, Rick