Camshaft ID help ( now vintage performance)

Kyscirocco@aol.com wrote:
<snip>
 > It has got me thinking about doing sort of a
> vintage performance build up in my 81. Instead of doing one of the more modern
> swaps 16v, aba, 3a I'm thinking of doing a built 1.7L. Big valve 1.6 head. Maybe
> even heron head.

Matt,

Why not put that head on an Audi 3A anyway?

(Wait, NO, I was right at 1st- the 84 GTI head is mechanical after all.)

So you could put a 8v mechanical head of your choosing on the high
compression block of a 3A and as they say HoodieHooo!

TBerk