Replacement of Fuel Sys

>From: "Allyn" <amalventano@sc.rr.com>
>To: "E.Noval" <aion@sdf.lonestar.org>, <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: Re: Replacement of Fuel Sys
>Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 19:22:48 -0400
>
>i would check the tank vent. its behind a removable plastic inner fender
>well behind the pass rear wheel. it connects to a point at the top of the
>tank, with the bleeder / vent valve way up inside the rear fender well
>(above the filler neck).
>Al
>
>----- Original Message ----- From: "E.Noval" <aion@sdf.lonestar.org>
>

>>The major impetus?...I have a fuel leak of unknown origin that can be seen
>>and smelt after each drive.

I have something similar on the 16V. There is a tiny amount of leakage at
the bottom of the filler neck, which I priced, and would like to not have to
buy new ($280 CDN)... Anyways, what are you looking for on that vent?  Just
the usual rust, cracked plastic type thing? The smell of gas inside the car
is worse when the tank is full.
And how big of a pain is the filler neck replacement gonna be (aside from
the whole "empty the fuel tank" issue) I think that's where I'm likley
headed.
And another thing, there used to be a hissing/ pressure release when I took
the gas cap off, not anymore. I'm thinking this is related...
Any input is appreciated. I have to get this fixed, obviously.
Cathy

Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN Premium