Exhaust heat shield question

The long tin one that should be attached to the car. It goes from front
(behind the DP) to back (by the rear axle), and on mine had dropped down to
lay on top of the whole exhaust system, (noisy, and putting the O2 sensor
wiring in peril) but as I said, it's gone now, so unless there are some bad
indicators of overheating, I'm not planning to put it back. We'll see, when
it's dry enough I'll run it and check to see how hot various areas are, and
if there are any smells that are concerning. I still have it, though it's in
three pieces.
Cathy

>From: T Berk <tberk@sbcglobal.net>
>To: C Boyko <roccit_53@hotmail.com>
>CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Re: Exhaust heat shield question
>Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:40:53 -0700
>
>C Boyko wrote:
>
>>Okay, so the tally is:
>>Larry: modify the sucker and keep it
>>three or so others: toss it and there will be no fiery inferno
>>
>>This sounds like a Rocco list way to do things, lighten or upgrade...and
>>then argue.
>>Cathy (mine's gonna stay off for "careful monitoring" of heat levels.)
>>Heat's sounding good BTW, it's back down to 0*C tonight. I mean , what the
>>heck's with that?
>>Cathy
>>

>OK, is it the shield by the down pipe or the one built into/onto the cat?
>(I know 16v and 8v are different.)
>
>I am in the build a better mouse trap camp.
>
>TBerk

MSN Premium with Virus Guard and Firewall* from McAfeeŽ Security : 2 months
FREE*