Help: Mushy brake pedal, any suggestions?

> Ryan H wrote:
>> I hear a slight noise coming from the reservoir area when I press the
>> pedal - it's been so long I don't remember what kind of noises it's
>> supposed to make.  Not the usual brake "hiss" though, but I don't know
>> how to describe it - it almost sounds normal I guess.
>
> T Berk wrote:
>
> If you are hearing a noise it is one of three things I can think of, two
> are in the M/C, the third might be a problem w/
> (3) the pads/rotor/drums making noise.
>
> It's a possibility that the
> (1) M/C has air bubbles in it, or it is possible the
> (2) vacuum assisted power boost is leaking causing the noise.
>
> What say ye peeps?

How about this:  the power bleeder popped the seal (cup) of the master
cylinder and your booster is full of brake fluid.  If the noise and
mushiness present when the car is off then the booster isn't even
operating and the pedal should be hard.  Pull the m/c forward while
attached to lines if possible on your car or check for fluid inside the
booster with a long, homemade q-tip type thing through the vac port on it.

Just a guess.