raspy 16v exhaust

Allyn, yep, I've had the Flowmaster and the Dynomax on my 16V and both sounded raspy past XXXX rpms.  TT Race Dual-Downpipe (no cat), TT catback with resonator.  Just the nature of the beast I guess.

ok, since switching to a magnaflow, i have a distinct raspiness that starts
at 3200 rpm to redline. it happens only while on throttle (greater than
about half).

question is - is this normal for a straight-through type of muffler on a
16v? it jsut seems odd, there was no raspiness at all from the previous
muffler, even with all of the baffles clunking around in there.

exhaust is tt full race (no cat, but resonator in the usual place).

thx in advance for responses
Al