My massive solid rotor brake calipers

Hey all,

So I get my new tires (Falken Azenis) on the set of 14" 5 star rims I
got for real cheap from a late '90 golf/jetta. I go to put them on and
my massive stock solid rotor calipers rub the inside of the wheel.
Actually rub isn't the right word, it locked the front wheels so they
wouldn't turn. Granted I just put new shoes on but really!!! Anyway,
undaunted I get out my mighty 4 1/2" Harbor Freight grinder (what a
wonderful tool) and grind off the edge of the caliper. Presto magico the
wheels fit great.

BTW, the Falken Azenis are one awesome set of tires for the money. AutoX
is Sunday so I'll really see how they do but my car seems so
underpowered now :( . I can't peel out anymore :) . I should have a hard
time overdriving these things.

TomC
'79 "The Project" Scirocco
http://www.tom-c.com