[tech] need help! Car bucking on the hwy

yes I did.. no go.

After messing with it it all settled in this morning, but I know she will do it to me again....(bucking at 70 in a curve with an 18 wheeler behind you, kinda gives you flashbacks of "death on the highway".

So  I am driving the cabrio today, after talking to a few of you guys and the helpfull emails, I will change the fuel filter and the fuel pump relay, and see what next.

I had a loose lambda on the distributor, I patched it up with JB Weld. (would hate to change it...) So the rocco has officially failed me ... 314 days after the rebuild...
no bad a record I guess...lol I was wondering when she was going to act up...

oh btw the peiburg transfer pumps are lifetime warranty at autozone, pretty glad on that fact, cause its now 87.00$ for one (bought my last one 2 years ago 38.00$).. damn!

Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:

--- Patrick Bureau wrote:
> Yeah what I thought, and I did change the transfer pump
> last night, no it
> happened around 1/2 tank, I have thought about it being
> bad gas, filled her
> up, no difference.
>
> The only "gas related" fact I can see is, about 3 days
> ago I put REDLINE
> fuel injector cleaner into the tank.

Doubtful but hey...

Have you checked your airboot etc for cracking? EASILY
could be this.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, '96 Passat GLX Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '82 Scirocco.
"My rabbit has a human foot on his keychain. That's not the scary part. What I wanna know is what those keys are for." - The Four Postmen

http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash

ATS - Patrick Bureau - '85 3A/JH 2L 102.5 WHP Scirocco.
'86 8v White, '82 1.7L Carbed,  '78 Gti 8v and  '81 S Project.
Email: ats@longcoeur.com - Web: http://ats.longcoeur.com/
See what I am selling today on ebay: HTTP://tinyurl.com/22e5b