WTB: 3a from Audi 80

I've seen the harness you mention and I think it's a bit pricey for my
tastes but it is would be very nice NOT to have to worry about electronic
gremlins for a while.

Mark has a good point about the ABA conversion too. I may have gone that
way but I'd just spent $300+ on exhaust last fall and I did not want to
have to get a new downpipe for over $100.

Good info that I've found, or has been suggested to me is available for
both these swaps at:

http://www.driversfound.com/scirocco/ (click on "Tech Tips" and then
"Engine Swaps")

http://www.nwlink.com/~vdb/vw/Engine/Engine_Swaps.html

and have been my fast friends since I started this.

It looks as if knock sensor is the way to go for both of these.
and there will be an ancillary wire harness that is just for the knock
sensor, as well as it's control unit (box).

About the head, it looks as if I may go that route too, but not until Fall
as I'm spending too much already. If you get a chance, please send a
report of what you think of the head quality, performance, etc. to the
list once you have it installed. I'm very curious!

After I get my swap done, I'll probably do a 9A swap into the 16v for
grins and giggles (that will be a MUCH more straight forward swap).

HTH,

Tim

La-dee-dee, la-dee-dah.