LA Boneyard report

Being new to all this DIY car stuff and having never been to a "boneyard".... what's the best way to find them?  Look in phone book under junk yard?  what other AKA's do they have?  I'd like to find the ones in my area, but suspect there aren't many.

Thanks!

Mike
'86 red 16v (Murphy, at teh moment)

Gordon Forbess <gforbess@attglobal.net> wrote:
Sciroccos are getting scarce at my favorite LA area boneyard. (Pick
your Part on Pendleton Street in Sun Valley) These guys have at least
300-400 cars in the "foreign" section alone and today I found exactly
*one* bashed Mark 2 Scirocco. There were 3 cabbys (all white), a gti,
a very few Jettas and Golfs, one caddy, and a couple of severely
stripped Type 1s surrounded by hundreds of Toyotas, Hondas and
Nissans.

I did score a space saver spare in like new condition from the gti for
$18 so my mission was accomplished.

Gordon
75 Scirocco/Drake 1.9 8V
http://pws.prserv.net/scirocco/scirocco.htm

word (wûrd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source