Another rant: Just shoot me now

Okay, just venting, use the delete button, or if you find me annoying, send
back a note to ridicule me..

First:
It's friggin April. So what's with the -10C forecast (with snow) for
tomorrow. The only solace is that Jim and other Rochesterians always have
worse weather.

Second:
AAAARGH. Owning a VW in a small town just so sucks sometimes. The new Cabby
just needs to pass safety, which requires (to my knowledge) the difficult
and daunting problem of replacing a headlight bulb. Whoopdeefrikkindoo. The
daughter comes home and I mention that I still have to do that and she says
the plastic part it goes into is broken. I'm thinking, yeah, I know there is
some damage to the grille, but that's no big deal. NOPE> WRONG!!! It's the
OTHER high beam, has this big honking hole in it from a stone. Right where
the word HELLA used to be? Just air. Lovely. The local yard has exactly ZERO
VWs of any type in it. And I can't call the dealer, it's the weekend, who
needs parts on the weekend? SO nobody is in parts till Monday. This after
the one week down time over a thrown belt, I mean, how hard does this simple
stuff have to be? ( and how can you ever get a car ready on a ten day
permit?)

Next option: So I phone the usual (two hours from here) cheap source of OEM
parts, and the guy who can even give me a price isn't there till Monday,
they don't stock them but they can get them. But who knows how much $$$, I
gotta wait to talk to the guy Monday. AAAARGHHHH. Then I'll have to fly TDI
airlines to get there after work before they close.

Option three is (the useless attempt to get parts at) Canadian Tire. Someone
said they have Bosch ones that will fit. Yep, I'm still gonna do it, but
they never even have plugs. Just ask Daun's sister how hopeless they are...

I can likely throw one of the MkI lamps in there, but I figure I may as well
get one that actually matches, it is a nice car, and deserves it.

Third:
Even though the road may well FREEZE tomorrow, we've had forty days and
forty nights of rain. My road is so awful I won't be driving a Rocco till
May or so. I may buy a Range Rover, this is safari style mud. And to add to
my delight, my new garage floor is sweating like a pig. One big layer of
water. Good for the cars too I bet.

Okay, it's noon, so I can go find some Sleeman's. I'll cheer up soon,
honestly I will. I just need to rip around in a 16V, and SOON. There really
IS no better therapy.

Cathy

PS I realize that some of you have REAL car problems, so just ignore me, 'k?
And no Drew, the headache is not for sale.

STOP MORE SPAM with the MSN Premium and get 2 months FREE*