Another rant: Just shoot me now

--- C Boyko <roccit_53@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Okay, just venting, use the delete button, or if you find
> me annoying, send
> back a note to ridicule me..

Actually you might get a phone call.

> First:
> It's friggin April. So what's with the -10C forecast
> (with snow) for
> tomorrow. The only solace is that Jim and other
> Rochesterians always have
> worse weather.

Other Rochesterians?  I think he's the last one.  Oh, and
he's in Florida with the GRM team anyway, so he's missing
the cold snap.

> I can likely throw one of the MkI lamps in there, but I
> figure I may as well
> get one that actually matches, it is a nice car, and
> deserves it.

Just get it through inspection though....

This hole wasn't there when you got the car was it???  I
don't remember one.

> Third:
> Even though the road may well FREEZE tomorrow, we've had
> forty days and
> forty nights of rain. My road is so awful I won't be
> driving a Rocco till
> May or so.

Yeah...   well, I'd love to drive my 16v, and I suppose I
could during the day now that the new ground cable is
finally installed.  At night though, it's developed a new
"really special feature" as Brad put it.  With the
headlights on, put the car in reverse and engage the
clutch.  When the clutch engages, the headlights go out.
Disengage, the lights come back on.  Yeah, time to re-wire
the euro-lights - I've not ever been happy with the wiring
anyway and this is a REALLY good excuse to clean up the
rat's nest.

I just need to rip around in a 16V, and
> SOON. There really
> IS no better therapy.

Perhaps not.  Hey, why not take Brad's '84 - it behaves
like a 16v with less power.  We got the new exhaust on it
tonight and discovered the cam timing must be off as it's a
dog off the line but slams into the rev-limiter with nearly
BMW-like ease.  Oh well, one of the next projects is a
timing belt / p-side motor mount....

> PS I realize that some of you have REAL car problems, so
> just ignore me, 'k?

You mean like the fact that "momma" cat THREW UP on the
hood of my '86 overnight?  BLECH.  Thankfully the paint is
already pretty well shot.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, '96 Passat GLX Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '82 Scirocco.
"My rabbit has a human foot on his keychain.  That's not the scary part.  What I wanna know is what those keys are for." - The Four Postmen