SOT.....Texas New License Plate Law

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 05:45:14PM -0600, Martin Rodriguez- CJS/ELP wrote:
> MessageHi All
> this was forwarded to me this morning... as you all know i drive my rocco on
> the both sides of the Rio Grande ...
>
> A new law was passed on September 1st that it is illegal to have a bracket
> around your license plate.
> Brackets such as; dealership, sports team, college alumni.  No brackets are
> allowed of any sort!
> If a police officer pulls you over for having a bracket around your license
> plate it is a $200 fine.  Yes $200...thanks for the notice!

RTFA.  It says nothing of the sort.  You can have any license frame you
want, be it a guido chain link license plate or a redneck rattlesnake
frame with reclining nudes.  All the law says is that the frame may not
block the registration numbers or stickers.  Only an inbred
trailer-dwelling hillbilly would think it would be OK to obscure your
plates with some oversized frame.  I'd call any fine levied on such an
offence to be tax on stupidity...  much like people who complain about
being fined for removing their front license plate.

Dan

--
The hallucinations have cheered me up immensely.