Coolant LED Flashing? A new twist....

What the sensor need to "see" is less than infinite resistance between the two probes.  you could just jumper the plug and get your desired results.

Larry
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ken B
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 7:35 AM
  Subject: Re: Coolant LED Flashing? A new twist....

  My coolant LED also flashes.  But.... I have the full 16v engine/harness but
  with the simpler MK1 Radiator (no overflow bottle)
  So, I have the plug that would go to the expansion bottle.  I'm sure therein
  lise the problem, but what would be the best way here?  Nip of the plug end
  and "short" the two wires together?  Or am i misunderstanding what the
  wiring needs to "see" from that plug?
  Ken
  '79 Scirocco 16V "McFly"
  "81 Diesel P/U