Missing the Point (was: Any drawback to having a hydro headonaJH?)

Oh oh...  I have this same setup - JH head on an ABA bottom end (94 ABA
w/squirters) with the hydro oil pump from an RD 86 GTI engine.  When I did
all my research for this particular combo this was the recommended setup...

How much pressure is too much?  I haven't actually measured it, but now that
you bring this up I definately should.  I've been running 20w50 in it...

Does your ABA bottom end have the piston oil squirters?  I would think that
the blocks with the squirters would operate at a lower oil pressure than the
later ones, with the same oil pump.

Thanks,

Mark.
80 S