Ever see a hammer bounce? (and a tech question)

--- Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:
> It was such a pleasant evening too....

<snip>

> Does anybody have any solutions to the throttle body
> dilemma?  I so far have two very rounded bolts still firmly
> stuck in the intake manifold, and of course, a living room
> window to replace.

 You never cease to amaze us all Daun... how *do* you turn a
"simple" job into this kind of mess!?!?  LOL...
Sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh while reading this.  Maybe
it's because I can clearly picture it unfolding...

Anyhow, sorry to hear about the bad experience... really.

I think at this point you're going to have to drill out those
rounded bolts and use Kroil and heat to get the remaining studs
out.  Another possible solution would be using an easy-out if
one will fit deep enough into that rounded hole...

Good luck next time!  ;)

=====
Benjamin Harder
86 Scirocco 16v