Ever see a hammer bounce? (and a tech question)

It was such a pleasant evening too....

I've been having some trouble with the throttle body on the
'86 sticking a little in the "idle" position.  Solution?
Replace it with another TB that's laying around here.
Should be an easy 15 minute project.

Oh no.  Not for me.

I figured I'd be reaaaaally careful not to round those
little hex bolts, tapping the wrench in with a hammer &
all...    worked for two of the four.  The front two bolts
rounded right off without noticable hesitation.

Fine.  Solution number one, find a slightly larger standard
allen wrench and tap THAT in there.  Tapped & tapped, got
it in there real tight and....    rounded right off, again,
without much hesitation.

Solution number two, vice grips.  Not a chance in hell,
just slipped off the bolt.

Ok, try solution one again.  Tapped & tapped and....
threw the hammer off into the grass next to the car.  How
in the HELL it bounced the way it did I haven't a clue, but
it proceeded to go airborne about six feet and into the
living room window.

F*CK.

I gave up for the night.

Does anybody have any solutions to the throttle body
dilemma?  I so far have two very rounded bolts still firmly
stuck in the intake manifold, and of course, a living room
window to replace.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '80 Scirocco S, '81 Scirocco, '82 Scirocco.
"I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong."