The Project is coming along

In my experience once the bypass is "stuck" it's no good anymore.  To test
if this is your problem, remove it and plug both hoses (PP bolts work good
for this IIRC).  If the idle goes down now, that's your problem (or at least
part of it :-)

If you want to check the operation of the bypass valve, apply 12 volts to
it, wait for bit, and see if you can blow through it.  If you can,
bypass-a-no-good...

Mark.
80 S
81 S ABA/JH/4K