Help me identify this cam: pt 2

> The lobes don't look very radical but the numbers look
> interesting.  Did you
> grind the shot peened metal off of the numbers?

Nope, no grinding...  I've never seen hand engraved numbers "scratched" into
a stock VW cam before...

>I think those type of
> numbers come on stock cams too!  I would try to measure the lobes
> or take it
> to a cam shop and have them spec it.  Looks stock to me though but that's
> only by looking at the pics!
>
> Dave

No stock cam I've seen has different exhaust and intake lifts though...
It's definately a VW casting, but I don't know why the exhaust lobes have
less lift.  A stock g-grind has .423" lift on both, the n-grind has .405"

I guess I'll slap it in and see if my butt dyno can tell which one is
better...

Mark.
80 S
81 S ABA/JH/4K