From: Dan Bubb [mailto:jdbubb@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 10:57
To: danws69@earthlink.net; 'robby lahey'; '.Org Scirocco'
Subject: [inbox] Re: [scirocco] 8V tranny VS 16V engine

The 8V tranny has a smaller input shaft so you will need the 8V clutch disc.
I can't think of any reason that the 16V PP and flywheel won't work with the
8V tranny though. ETKA lists only one flywheel for either 8V or 16V and I
have a 16V PP on my 8V tranny/engine so that should work.
Depending on what 8V tranny you have you may be able to swap in the 100mm
flanges from the 16V tranny and use your current axles. I think the earlier
trannies had a different flange design, but don't know the when the change
occurred. Might search for posts by Allyn and Ron Pieper the have pictures
of these different flanges a couple months ago.
Dan