Odd noise from engine

To be honest, I've never actually done them myself, but I'm pretty sure it's not possible (if not extremely difficult) to do it by just dropping the pan...maybe it's time to do what I did and UPGRADE!  :)  that 2L is calling your name!  :p

Jeff
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Captnbr@aol.com
  To: jtoomasson@yahoo.com ; Scirocco-L@scirocco.org
  Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 9:05 AM
  Subject: Re: Odd noise from engine

  In a message dated 10/30/2003 11:04:17 AM Eastern Standard Time, jtoomasson@yahoo.com writes:

  <<You may not want to hear this, but I had a similar noise on my 1.6 in my
  first mk1. I was told it was the rod bearing(s).>>

  You know, in the back of my mind this is what I was thinking.  And I posted to see what people would say. I was hoping for a fuggettaboutit.  You know, kinda like.....Rod bearings??.......fuggettaboutit.  Damn, thats a big job?  Can that be done just by taking the oil pan off from the bottom without removing the head?

  Brian 86 16v
  98 Jetta GLX Vr6