Water temp gauge

I second the call for a ballpark guide to what the VW temp gauge is
indicating at its various positions.  Mine rides at 2/3 of the way up on
the highway, which seems quite high, but my oil temp rarely indicates
above 105 degrees or so.

I, too, wish VW hadn't cheaped out on the temp gauge.  Has anyone added
an aftermarket gauge w/o eliminating the sender for the dash gauge?  That
ought to give us an idea of what the factory dash gauge reads, though I'll
bet there's quite a varaince in the accuracy of the factory units...

Tks,

Chris
cscmc1@eiu.edu