balancing.

Well since my engine build got delayed i decided i should get it balanced. They (the machinist) want my Rod, one set of con rod bearings, one set of rings, The crank, flywheel and bolts, cluch, pressure plate, front srocket, with bolt and pulley. I was wondering i sanblasted (another get air tool i got recently, sand blasting cabinet) the parts pulley and sprocket that is and was wondering if it would be ok to paint these parts. Just wondering if they mind i guess it doesnt matter. Problem i was thinking is if they have to grind some of the parts there goes the paint. I guess i can touch any areas ground down. But then that may throw it out of balance again. Anyone know how much redline i can expect. I relize that i still need a better cam and stronger springs in the future, but when i get some good springs what redline can i expect. Any things i should stress with the machine shop? Any advice would be great...

Shawn F